Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mister Jensen goes to Chuck E Cheese

So yesterday we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. One of the sadder things about growing up is that 20 years ago Chuck E Cheese was the end all be all of my existance. I needed nothing but to be inside to realize complete and utter serenity. I was self actualized in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. (Side note: Why hasn’t that nerdy piece of useless info from high school filtered out of my brain yet?)
I remember being 10 and at Chuck E Cheese. I met a girl named Wendy Lou. We shared a coke, I gave her some tokens, and then she frenched me in the balls. You know, the big pit of balls that people are always worried has syringes at the bottom? She was something else....
Brian: I like Ms Pac Man.
Wendy Lou: Me too, that was fun! What should we do now?
Brian: French me in the balls!!
OK, that didn’t actually happen to me. But a friend of mine..... The point here is Chuck E Cheese was like some perfect utopia to me. I could have lived there forever. Now I see it as a cynical adult and what I see is a bunch of crazy kids running around playing games, shrieking like soon to be martyred terrorists, and not eating their pizza. And running into each other...... a lot. They’re like bumper cars. That’s what I don’t like about being old, the change of perspective. Oh well. I stole a bunch of skee ball tickets. Life goes on.......

No comments: