Thursday, April 24, 2008

Homeless People

Homeless people are freakin crazy. I suppose that's why they are homeless. When I worked downtown they were all over the place. Always looking for change ("Can't you just accept things the way they are?" I'd say. Homeless people don't appreciate subtle humor). Always prosthelitizing to nobody in particular about stuff ("The lord is coming!!! I saw him step over 7 counties yesterday"). And always choosing me to bother. Sometimes they're almost charming. When I was in Atlanta a guy came up to me and shook my hand. It was like shaking a piece of sandpaper, and I don't know for sure, but I think I felt diseases crawling around. Bad ones too. He says to me "Sir, what's the best nation in the world? DONATION!! And in that nation, what's the best city? Generosity!!" I gave him a dollar. I hope he bought hand lotion. Other times, they are downright rude. A guy said to me "Hey, I saw you at SexWorld!" He said it really loudly too. His friends laughed. Homeless people were mocking me. It was not one of my prouder moments. He didn't even want money or anything. He just wanted to mess with me.
So here's my homeless people idea. It's a pretty great idea. Are you ready? Ok, it's like Capture the Flag but with bums instead of flags. There are sandwiches and things like that on each side and the bums fight each other to get to them. The details need to be worked out, but it has promise. I think HBO would probably want to show it. What a great idea!!
7:43 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: