Thursday, April 24, 2008

I cleaned the fridge

I cleaned out my fridge and freezer for the first time in many moons on friday. This was done in an attempt to remove all of the extremely frightening old expired food from anywhere near me. What I found is that if you don't clean your fridge often, bizarre things will accumulate. The following are the top 5 strangest things found while cleaning the fridge and freezer.
5.) Numerous frozen bags of black beans- This is my wife's doing. She has a serious infatuation with freezing lots of vegetables in preparation for a plague of locusts o'er the land devouring all of our crops, especially bean crops.
4.) Cat Milk- Who could even think of something like this? Cats have special milk because they are apparently lactose intolerant even though in every cartoon I've ever seen in my life their favorite foods are mice and milk. Cartoons have deceived me again. Similarly, if you drop an anvil off a cliff onto someone's head, they always die, no matter how many times you do it. So we fed our cat some cat milk and she still puked all over the place. (Side note: Cats are very small so if they puke up cat milk you can use them as a scrubber and they can't do much about it.)
3.) Pickled Okra- One time I was channeling Colonel Sanders or something and decided I couldn't go wrong with this little Southern delicacy. I figured, since I moved south of the Minnesota River, I already should probably have a Confederate flag hanging in my front yard, and this would be the next logical step. YEEHAW!!! I was wrong. How could something pickled not taste like a pickle? They tasted like pickles dipped in a port-a-potty left out in the sun for a few days. Yes I said "they." I ate more than one. The reason. I'm not so smart.
2.) A book- Behind the eggs, where most books are found. It was a Mickey Mouse board book, probably courtesy of one of the children. Although, one time I found a sandwich under my daughter's bed. I wonder if it was those two things that had switched spaces, perhaps another little prank that inanimate objects like to play on me.
1.) ?????- Honestly, I do not know what this was. It was hard and black and in a bag in the freezer. It glistened a little. It smelled like the freezer. It was square. I was afraid if I poked it it might sprout wings and fly away. If I was 12 I would have probably made my sister lick it and then threw it off the walk bridge. But since I am quite mature for my age, I simply put it in a Cub Foods bag and chased the dog around with it.

No comments: