Thursday, September 25, 2008

Please knock me unconscious until early November

Somebody please save me from all these political ads. I can't tell you how unenthused I am when an election year comes up simply because of this. Get me to November 4th right now. Some people would say "Just stop watching TV until then." OK, and maybe I'll just stop going to the bathroom too. Neither would work, and both would slowly poison me. So far, from this extremely intelligent rhetoric I've learned that:

Obama is a communist in kahoots with racist clergymen
McCain is a fascist who think war is "Awesome."
Biden is poor white trash
Palin is a backwoods neophyte with slutty children
Coleman doesn't care about me at all
Franken is an angry, smut peddling drug addict.

That about cover it? If I relied solely on campaign ads I'd never be able to vote for anybody. But that's not the real problem I have. If you want to be comically dirisive of your opponent then so be it, but if you lose don't cry when you have to go back into society knowing that person you called an idiot was smart enough to beat you. The problem I have is that it spawns a giant collection of halfwits who think they are now qualified to say the same things about the candidates. It's not just the guys who say "I'll give ya 3 reasons Barack Obama is stupider than my underwear drawer." It's more these pseudo-intellectuals who think they have all this brilliant insight as to why one candidate would kill us all while the other would most assuredly lead us to the land of milk and honey. Please! Just because you've read the Harvard Political Review does not make you a pundit. I've read it too. I'm an idiot. See my point?

2 comments:

Lech112 said...

Again, watch your tongue boy. Those commercials get my bills paid.

I say extend the election season a couple more months. Then on March 31st, we elect officials (prez included) based on how much money they've spent on local TV ads.

Another caveat, the candidates would get "bonus money" for the most outrageous ad. We'd have the public phone-in their vote on this, just so the "people" still have a voice in the election process (the phone # of course would be a 1-900 number. We'd have that budget balanced in no time).

Yah politics!

DannyGelfman said...

I think someone did "knock you unconscious". It's been two weeks and no new post. What the hell am I supposed to do at work if you don't keep up with the funny stuff?