Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Deer Humper (not featuring Tommy Lee Jones)

I happened to read a while ago about a guy from Superior, WI who got arrested for having sex with a dead deer that he found by the side of the road. It became a fairly big story. His lawyer unsuccessfully argued that it was OK to have sex with a dead deer by the side of the road because since it was dead, it had ceased being an "animal", and was now akin to a gumball machine, or a bowl of mashed potatoes, both of which are perfectly legal to bone. The judge sentenced this person to community service, therapy, and presumably told him to stay away from the side of the road.

What I wonder is, did this guy wake up in the morning and think, "Today I'm gonna hump me a deer," or was it more of a spur of the moment thing like, "Well sir, think I'll get some coffee, then maybe donate some plasma. Perhaps a new plant would brighten my... Hey look, a deer, I'm gonna hump it."

Did he go looking for a live deer at first but got discouraged, saw the dead one, and thought, "Well sir, beggars cain't be choosers." Or maybe he was chasing the deer and hit it with his car, and thought, "It ain't real dead yet." Or MAYBE he was chasing a deer on foot, and tripped over the dead one and thought, "Eh, close enough."

I probably shouldn't wonder about things like that. I bet Warren Buffett doesn't.

No comments: